Updated: Jan 26, 2021
Here is a simple but delicious crepe recipe which can be made in minutes. It's made from ingredients that everyone has on hand just add culinary lavender and make your crepes extra special.
1 cup Ricotta cheese,
1 cup Mascarpone cheese,
* can be replaced with Yogurt and Philadelphia cheeses
Half a lemon,
Juiced and zested,
1 egg yolk,
¼ cup Powdered sugar,
Lavender honey, (optional)
Lavender Sugar 2oz
The best twist at the end of the meal Lavender Sugar! Lavender sugar is good for everything! Use it to sweeten iced tea or homemade lemonade, baking, or hot and cold beverages (stir it into a cocktail or use it on the rim). You can keep it for yourself or give it to a new neighbor, friend, or bride as a gift.
It's important to use English culinary lavender for the best result. You can find our English culinary lavender pack under this link.
Fresh lavender can be used as well, but be aware that fresh is not as potent as dried.
In a bowl, use a mixer to combine the ricotta, mascarpone, dry English lavender, lemon juice, lemon zest, powdered sugar, and egg yolk. When thoroughly mixed. You can always add a bit more lemon, lavender, or sugar to get the sweetness or tartness just where you like it!
The ingredients should combine to create a light, fluffy filling. Once the filling is ready, place in the fridge to keep cool while you make your crêpes!
1 cup all-purpose flour,
½ cup milk,
½ cup water,
¼ teaspoon salt,
2 tablespoons butter, melted.
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk wet ingredients together; eggs, milk, and water.
2. In a second large mixing bowl, add the salt and the flour together (sifted flour preferred).
3. Gradually add the wet batter to the dry batter, stirring to combine until smooth.
4. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium-high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately ¼ cup for each crepe. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
5. Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a spatula, turn and cook the other side.
To assemble, layout your crêpe use a spatula to spread a thick line of filling down the middle of the crepe, then fold in the sides, and roll up! Because this filling is so fluffy, I like to over-fill the crêpes more than you would for a traditional style crêpe.
Drizzle some lavender honey on top.
For more Lavender sugar recipes SEE LINK: