I love making these delicious chocolate turtles with a floral twist of lavender. Every time the first bite is priceless!
You need only 4 simple ingredients:
4 ounces pecan halves
8 ounces caramels
1 tablespoon dry Lavender
1/2 cup Heavy cream
12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
What to do:
1. For the pecans line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Then pile 5 pecans together to make a star.
2. Melt the caramel in a double boiler and stir until all is smooth. Add a tablespoon of heavy cream to get a smoother texture.
3. Pour about 1 to 2 teaspoons of caramel on top of each pecans cluster. Then allow to set.
4. Pour 1/2 cup of heavy cream into a small saucepan and place it over medium/small heat.
5. Bring the cream to a simmer, and once it just starts to boil, remove it from the heat and stir in the 1 tablespoon dried lavender.
6. Cover the saucepan with a tight-fitting lid and let it sit at room temperature for 10 minutes to infuse the cream with flavor. (Let it sit for 15 minutes if you enjoy a stronger lavender flavor.)
7. After 10 minutes, remove the lid and return the pan back to the heat, and heat it until it simmers.
8. Pour the hot cream through a mesh strainer over the chopped chocolate, to strain out the lavender.
9. Let the bowl sit undisturbed for one minute, to soften the chocolate.
10. After a minute, gently whisk the chocolate and cream together until the chocolate melts and you have a smooth, shiny mixture. If the mixture is too smooth add more chocolate. Let cool the chocolate a bit but not completely.
11. Pour about a teaspoon of chocolate on top of the caramel. Let cool for 1-2 minutes and then sprinkle the sea salt and lavender on top.
What Lavender to use?
We recommend dried culinary Lavender graded- English Munstead- Lavandula Angustifolia.
Our Culinary Lavender (English Munstead- English Lavandula Angustifolia) is hand-picked and dried at Lavineyard Farms fields. 100% Pure-raw English Munstead lavender buds, grown in northern California. Selected top-quality Lavender flowers, freshly cut, and dried at peak season to maintain the most original look and natural beauty and the taste of the Lavender flowers. English Munstead Lavender contains the best for culinary due to its sweets scent and aroma.