Updated: Feb 21, 2020
My favorite dessert is a pie but sometimes you don't feel like working too hard for your sweet fix. Cobbler is much faster than making a pie crust. Also, if you don't have the time to make the dough part of the cobbler by scratch, you can simply use Bisquick. The only drawback from using Bisquick is that your cobbler is less crumbly, but still very tasty!
Every season we are lucky enough to have some nectarine and big logen berries in our yard. So this year we made a beautiful and delicious logen-berry, nectarine, and lavender cobbler.
Ingredients for the filling:
3 cups fresh cut nectarine
3 cups fresh raspberries
1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon ground dried lavender- culinary lavender
3 tablespoons cornstarch
Zest from one lemon
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Ingredients for the Crumble:
3/4 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
3/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/4 lb. one stick unsalted butter
Preheat the oven to 350F.
1. In a large bowl, add 1/2 cup sugar and ground dried lavender mix to combine. Add nectarine and raspberries, cornstarch, lemon zest, and lemon juice, mix to altogether. Pour the mix to a pie 11-inch Pan
2. In a bowl (best in the food processor) combine flour, sugar, brown sugar, and salt. Mix to combine well.
3. Add the butter, well chilled and diced and mix only 4-7 puls.
4. Distribute the crumble topping over the fruit.
5. Line a baking sheet below the pan the fruit can spill over.
6. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until bubbling and topping is golden.
Serve warm with vanilla ice cream is the best!
You can substitute the nectarines in peaches.
Adding 1/2 cup toasted old fashioned oats to the crumble will be gart, I just ran out of oats.
I like serving this dish in Petite Pie Dishes. The recipe is good for 5 small Petite Pie Dishes