Updated: Feb 1, 2021
This recipe is simple, fast and absolutely delicious. You can easily impress your friends without working hard on your dessert.
For this recipe, we are using our own honey. 100% pure natural honey with a hint of Lavender, Oak, Manzanita, and Star Thistle.
The oak makes the honey a bit dark and the combination of the lavender and star thistle makes the honey extra sweet and aromatic.
In our small boutique lavender farm located in Shasta County. We are combining Italian vineyards with lavender fields. We have the largest collection of lavender varieties in the west, over 140 species!
We are not infusing the honey with lavender, the honey is naturally made by our bees.
4 tbsp Honey Raw Lavender and Wildflower Honey
200g Feta cheese can be replaced by 4 oz soft goat cheese.
1. Preheat the oven to 350
2. Cut a cross in the top of each fig, almost but not quite to the bottom. Gently open them out slightly so that the red flesh is exposed.
3. Grease an ovenproof dish just large enough to hold the figs in a single layer with butter on the bottom and put the figs on it.
4. Fill the figs with the feta cheese.
5. Cover the dish with a foil and cook in the oven for 15 -20 minutes.
6. For extra grill flavor, you can cook for another 5-10 m without foil.
7. Once the figs are ready, drizzle the honey on top and serve hot.